Thursday, December 10, 2015

ƒreiburg, Germany!

Hello my friends!!! I really haven't kept up this blog the way that I had promised. Es tut mir lied(My apologies, auf Deutsch)! Well, I am in Germany, Freiburg, Germany to be exact! Freiburg is in the SW Part of Germany, located in the State of Baden-Württemberg and it's absolutely breath-taking as it borders the Black Forest with forest-covered rolling hills and streams. This is the region of the world where Kuckoo Clocks originated from...you know those incredibly beautiful yet annoying, singing clocks? I'm serious here. When I was growing up, one year my parents found a Cuckoo Clock and brought it home after a trip to Germany, where they decided to hang it immediately outside of my bedroom. So, for the next six months, I wanted to punch the cute little singing bird in it's cute little Cuckoo house, off of the wall. Thirteen years later, this beautiful device hangs on my wall. Anywho, I am in Germany for some language courses of which I will be doing until the beginning of February. So far, I love it. It has really put perspective on where I live and how small we are(of course). Living permanently in the States, we reluctantly still get treatment often times that we're the only country in the world, therefore the most important, which isn't true...we are one(yeah, I'm a hippie deal with it), but in this part of Germany, life moves in a more down-to earth, peaceful way and I've been able to recognize the togetherness between fellow Countrymen, as well. It's funny that upon traveling, we all have our stereotypes set and misconceptions but it's a beautiful thing when you're able to break down those walls and learn a thing or two about a different culture. Before leaving for Deutschland, I constantly was preparing myself with articles about 'How to survive in Germany', 'How Germans differ from those from the USA'...like...stfu. It's great to get perspective from people that have experienced other cultures but their experience will inevitably be different than yours...and embrace that. Ich habe viel Fotos to show you all! Next...will be details on a city called Staufen, Germany. Enjoy the photos und Schönen Tag!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by!

Cheers,
Delaney

);