Thursday, July 21, 2016

Sustainable Fashion;

Hey there! I hope is well with you all. Just to forewarn you, this post is very Avant-Garde pour moi.
Lately, I've found a broad array of interest in various topics, but for the most part, Sustainability has caught my eye. I feel this is a topic hasn't gained much prominence until recently, because of our current impacts on our planet, but to me, Fashion and the Environment are something that I care to address.

Currently in the Fashion Industry, we're indulging in Fast Fashion eerrrday, while in turn, people that are behind the scenes in production, are suffering due to low wages and terrible work conditions. Fast Fashion is the process of purchasing an item that is 'on-trend' for any given season at various shops like Forever 21, H&M, Target and Zara, to name a few. Now, I've been indulging in Fashion buys my entire life, but I've finally come to a point where I am buying only(almost there-more like 90%) lightly used, second-hand or Home Base Made clothing items. The purpose of this post is not to poke or prod about why we should consider avoiding Fast Fashion, but rather to give some awareness about this topic and how it's hurting our people and our planet.
Refinery29 has been a source of my interest for years, providing articles from High-End Fashion to Healthy Eats and Politics, but they really fuel my interest in this topic. Below are some interesting articles regarding this post...if you'd like, take a peak further! xx

Ethical Clothing Costs
Active Wear, Ethically Safe
Whose in it to win it?
Fast Fashion Alternatives
Environmental Impact of Clothing Manufacture


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by!

Cheers,
Delaney

);