Monday, May 8, 2017

Fast Fashion + Our Planet

Fast Fashion!

It's the way of the world these days-so that is what I'm going to focus on here at Our Sophisticated Planet.


Fashion has been a passion of mine(see below) since I was a little girl; I would actually demand strangers to look at my glistening new shoes while grocery shopping with my mom back in the day (I still want people to look at my glistening shoes these days, I'm just not a raging turd about it). With that being said, my passions have never waned but have actually increased because now, I have my passion directed to ethical fashion and it's impact on our environment. Fast Fashion is something that seems unavoidable these days. Need a quick camisole that's super cheap? Head to Forever21. Need some decent work slacks that are also cheap? Head to H&M. 

Fast Fashion is easy and allows us to scoop up items in our busy lives in an instant-but in reality, the people that are creating these garments for clothing stores are suffering from the environmental impact of what is used to create our sand-blasted denim or neon dyed tee(for example), and their living conditions, well, these individuals aren't even paid a living wage. 
This post is really just to touch on what I will be focusing on here at Our Sophisticated Planet. Although Fashion and its impact to our planet may be of focus, I still am going to provide insight on Climate Change on our planet as well.

I truly hope to provide you with light and knowledge to maybe make our cute little planet an even better, healthier place for all of us on it.  Enjoy, my sweets!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by!

Cheers,
Delaney

);