Saturday, June 3, 2017

Second-Hand, First


Oh hey yah sweet little chicklets!

Is second-hand clothing sustainable? Hell yes doggy(disco man emoji)! 

Second-hand items have always had a negative stigma surrounding them. From children being bullied about their clothing not being brand-new, and even adults scoffing at the idea of wearing second-hand items by choice. Excuse me sassy-ass but my "old, smelly, second-hand dress" is actually "laundered, new to me, I love it...and it's called vintage".
Second-hand items are a great way to focus your efforts on being environmentally friendly in the clothing realm; buying used clothing lifts the weight of the manufacturing industry and frees up resources that would instead go to brand new items. High five y'all.
So with that being said, from personal experience, I have gained great joy in buying second-hand- I can give new life to a garment that went unwanted and can alleviate some stress in the manufacturing industry as well.


In this post I'm wearing an Urban Outfitters button-down, Levi's and Soludos all from the second-hand store, Buffalo Exchange. My wonderful, convertible purse/backpack/messenger/spaceship is handmade from Lee Coren who focuses on sustainable manufacturing.

For starters, check out these three second-hand locations in the United States; Buffalo Exchange, Goodwill, and the App Poshmark for some beautiful inspiration.




I hope you've enjoyed your stay today, stay tuned for more!

x Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by!

Cheers,
Delaney

);