Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Second-hand Digs + Package Free Shop #GivingaShit

This Potato Sack Dress has to be one of my favorite Buffalo Exchange finds. This dress is a cool oatmeal color and I can dress it up with heels(of which I don't own anymore-I'm a boot and sneaker chick), or I can dress down with some Birkenstocks and keep the dress un-belted.
The belt that I used to frame my waist is originally from Anthropologie, of which was purchased about a decade ago. A belt at the waist is always a simple, yet perfect way to add interest to the eye in an outfit.
The boots I'm rocking have a little 1.5 inch heel and were also scooped up from Buffalo Exchange in Phoenix, AZ, and are brand new leather Dr Martens! These have got to be the most comfortable pair of boots, so glad I found them(side smirk smile emoji).
I truly aim to only buy second-hand leather items instead of brand-new but I don't always fall within my second-hand guidelines.

◡Here are the objectives I always consider when purchasing my clothing items;
1. Buy Second-hand first! Often times, things that have been previously loved have the opportunity to be loved even more the second-time, plus you never know what  badass items you'll find while second-hand shopping.
2. Buy brand-new items to support small businesses OR buy brand-new, quality, fair-trade goods that'll last for the rest of time.
3. If choosing to buy leather, aim for second-hand leather, first (per step one), and then resort to first-hand life-long leather items, next. With that being said, I can't remember the last time I purchased a brand-new leather item which makes me quite happy; there are SO many leather alternatives these days so it's rather nice to be able to take advantage of options such as Pinatex (leather material made from Pineapple fibres), Cork or even the traditional Vegan Leather (although this option is sometimes made using plastic).

◡Although I sometimes find myself buying leather, I can say that I am definitely an animal welfare advocate(although some don't believe these two things can go hand-in-hand) and care greatly about the other living beings on our planet. Though some may not agree, I do shop for leather in some situations when I can take it out of the supply chain and when there is an understanding that is was ethically and sustainably made.

The bag I am seen holding is from The Package Free Shop that was opened by Eco-warrior and advocate Lauren Singer, in Brooklyn, New York. This shop has a plethora of zero-waste items and each item arrives safely to your doorstep in a compostable card-board box with a non-plastic, but paper shipping label. In the shop Package Free Shop you can find home goods, feminine products, and handy day-to-day accessories, too!

 I chose to purchase this bag because not only is it massive, but I needed an additional bag for grocery shopping (and for traveling), and it's a cool way to get an important message out when people see it!





Thanks for dropping by, keep your eyes peeled for more!
Cheers,


Delaney


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by!

Cheers,
Delaney

);